After a long hectic day at work, the last thing you want is preparing a stressful dinner for TWO. Why not dine out or grab fast food? No!! Nothing beats home cooked food, moreover its healthier and lovelier to eat food cook by your loved ones, no?
I have posted a recipe on Lighter General Tso’s Chicken that takes less than 30min to prepare not long ago, so today I will be sharing a fuss free pasta recipe that take not more than 15-mintues to prepare.
Recipe: Lemon & Parsley Spaghetti with Prawns
• 175g spaghetti
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 170g large prawns (est 16pcs)
• 1 lemon
• bunch of flat-leaf parsley
1. Thawed the prawns if its frozen, peeled. Dry the prawns on kitchen paper, this helps them to fry quicker, without steaming or overcooking.
2. Zest and juice of lemon, plus wedges to serve if you like.
3. Roughly chopped parsley.
4. Boil the pasta.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add the prawns and quickly fry until they are evenly pink.
6. Throw in the lemon zest and juice, parsley, 2 tbsp of the pasta cooking water, salt and pepper, then heat through.
7. Drain the spaghetti, add to the pan, toss everything together.
8. Serve with lemon wedges, if liked.
The flavor of the lemon and parsley is delicate and light. The hint of lemon is refreshing but may be a tad sour depending on how ripe is your lemon.
The prawn pasta with a hint of lemon is refreshing, but may be a tad sour depending on how ripe is your lemon.