I have gotten 2 boxes of kiwi from Maureen and I have a Joyoung soy milk maker, hmm... Next that comes to my mind is to make a kiwi soy smoothie!
Soy smoothies are not only good beverages, they are also great alternatives for lactose intolerant people.
Blending fruits into morning smoothie gives a burst of vitamins, kiwis adds a flavor that is close to a combination of banana and strawberry, but don't be afraid to experiment with more exotic fruits like mango or even guava.
Kiwi contain vitamins A and E, more than 1 1/2 times your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C and as much potassium as a banana. The oil in the tiny black seeds is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which supports heart health.
The fruit smoothie is an amazing formula to build excellent immunity and over all health. Combined with a probiotic rich source as yogurt, if you are not lactose intolerant.
Recipe: Kiwi Mango Soy Smoothie
• 1 mango frozen
• 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
• 1 natural yogurt
• 200ml chilled organic soy milk without sugar (for recipe click HERE)
• 1tsp organic honey (optional)
1. Wash, peel and cut fruits into small cubes for easy and faster blending.
2. Put fruits in blender with yogurt and soy milk.
3. Blend 10-20sec or until smooth and creamy. (i use 10sec for my blended on high)
4. Serve in a glass together with honey, serve immediately.
- do not over blend, crushed kiwi seeds can be bitter
- place soy milk in freezer for few hours or until it became icy so that the smoothie will be cold
- you can replace soy milk with water but it will makes it sludgey
Have it in the morning for breakfast to keep you fuller and healthier, its a good diet!
Savour a smooth and chilled kiwi smoothie with chunks of kiwi if you like.