Kick your taste bud with our unique combination of exotic yet spicy, sweet and tangy flavours that will leave you wanting more... and more.
This amazing coffee flavored ribs doesn't involve lots of work. I've simplified it into three stages – boil, cook the sauce & glaze then bake.
No cutlery required, eat with hands, and lick your fingers after.
Recipe: Kopi-O Glaze Pork Ribs
• 450g pork ribs
• 1L of water
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• pinch of salt & pepper to taste
• 200ml of water
• 3 sachets of Goldkili Kopi-O Kosong Extra Strong
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1. Peel off the tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs. This is optional, but generally a good idea as it can become tough and chewing when cook with the ribs. Wash them well under running tap water.
2. In a small pot, bring 1L of water to boil, add in pork ribs, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, and boil over medium-high heat for at least 30min (till is tender).
3. Drain the water, dry the ribs and season with the seasoning, set aside for 20min.
4. In another small pot, bring 200ml of water to boil, add in 3 sachets of Goldkili Kopi-O Kosong Extra Strong, simmer for 5mins. Add in honey and balsamic vinegar, continue to simmer until thicken (about 15mins).
5. Preheat oven to 170C.
6. Glaze the ribs with caramelise kopi sauce, drizzle a few dash of olive oil over the ribs, bake for 15min.
7. Allow to cool for 5min and serve.
We make a side salad to go along, using Frezfruta Apple Blueberry Jam for the dressing.
• 1 small Japanese cucumber
• juice from ½ lemon
• ½ tsp yellow mustard
• 1 tsp Frezfruta Apple Blueberry Jam
Mix all the sauce well until incorporate. Drizzle on the cucumber, serve as side with the ribs.
The dressing will tempt your taste buds with the tangy lemon, a tad of "heat" from the mustard and a characteristic flavor with Apple Blueberry Jam. Try it!
This is one of the recipe for 14days Lion City's 'Get Out of the Box" Blogger Challenge. We have created the above two recipes with Goldkili Kopi-O Kosong and Frezfruta Apple Blueberry Jam. If you like the recipe and photos, please give us a like on our Facebook album. Each like will earn us 1 point, and 2 points for each share. Thanks and Good Luck to us! (Challenge end 22 Nov 2012)