Sunday is always my favourite day of the week, because it's family day! Even we are not catching the latest movie in the cinema, shopping at the newest mall, having a meal at a hip cafe, still is a happy Sunday. Even be a couch potato all day long, its the moment that we are spending together that make it a wonderful day, don't you agree?
We have too much of bread lately and decided to have something different. And I thought, crepes will be lovely, isn't it? The thin and delicate pancakes can be filled with virtually anything!
This is a quick & easy recipe that doesn't require much work.
Recipe: French Crepes with Frezfruta Jam
• 130g Plain Flour
• 1 tsp sugar (add more if you intend to have it plain, up to 3tbsp)
• ¼ tsp salt
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 2 tbsp butter, melted (about 32g chilled butter)
1. Sift flour, sugar and salt, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla essence together. Mix in the flour mixture until smooth, stir in melted butter.
3. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan (I use approximately 1 scoop of soup ladle for each crepe). Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Cook till its lightly brown on both sides.
4. Serve hot with jams, ice cream, chocolate fudge etc.
This post is for the "Get Out of the Box" Blogger Challenge. If you like the recipe and photos, please give us a like on our Facebook album. Each like will earn us 1 point, and 2 points for each share. Thanks and Good Luck to us! (Challenge end 22 Nov 2012)