Serves 2-4 (as im a veg lover, i can finish the whole serving myself!)
• 350g broccoli
(ends trimmed and separate to smaller florets, slice the remaining stalks thinly)
• 250g fresh white scallops (around 15)
• 1 medium carrot, peeled, sliced (you can cut them to decorative flower shapes if you like) (option)
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 8 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
(B) Cheater’s Sauce (mix well)
• 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
• 2 tbsp of water (from boiling the broccoli)
(A) Blanching vegetables
1. Heat a large pot of water with vegetable oil added.
2. When the water is boiling, (add sliced carrots if you have and) broccoli and blanch for 1 minutes. Take them out and set aside. If you like, you can plunge the raised broccoli in an ice water so that they retain their bright green hue.
3. Take out about 3 tbsp of the water that blance the broccoli and set aside for the oyster sauce.
4. Blanch scallops for 1 minutes. Take them out and set aside.
(B) Cooking the vegetables
1. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and stir fried the gralic till light brown.
2. Add in the oyster sauce mixture sauce
3. Add some pepper to taste
4. Add in the scallops and stir fried for a mintue
5. Add in the broccoli and stri fried for another mintue.
6. (Optional) If you think the sauce is too watery, add cornstarch solution bit by bit till it reaches the desired consistency; if it is too thick, just add a bit of water.
7. Arrange the vegetables & seafood on a round serving plate.
8. (Optional) Place the stalks on the plate, arrange broccoli with the stem pointing inwards around the plate, after which arrange the scallops in the centre, covering the broccoli stems.