Since I'd successfully made my pineapple tart yesterday, I decided to make some extra Cornflakes Cookies for my Mum and Granny as well.
2nd attempt of cornflakes was as yummy as the first attempt few weeks back. I make it into a small ball this time instead of a big cookies shape. I skip the glaced cherries and grated rind of lemon. It still taste as good but less chewy & crispy since I had replace the shortening with salted butter.
Overall feedback, most of my colleagues perferred this 2nd attempt than the first. But both taste as good! You try it and decided yourself. =D
Makes: About 100 ball cookies (32 each in a 9cm base container)
• 200g butter (u can replaced with Shortening)
• 180g caster sugar (i reduced it to 120g )
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 2 egg yolks
• 260g self-raising flour, sifted
• 60g crushed cornflakes
• 180g-200g cornflakes, coarsely crushed (i uses cornflakes with almond slices too)
• 20g corn flour (i cut to 15g)
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg yolk and essence.
3. Fold in the flour then 60g crushed cornflakes.
4. Scoop out about 1tsp of the cookie dough and roll lightly it into the crushed cornflakes, shape into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick paper.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cool on wire racks before storing in airtight containers.