Bought extra pineapple for making the pineapple tart yesterday, I decided to make some Pineapple fried rice today.
Pineapple rice not only look visually appealing, the taste is simply mouthwatering and utterly appetizing specially when it comes in a hollowed out pineapple.
The tempting good smell set my stomach rumbling; needless to say, dinner was absolutely delightful.
If you don’t have fresh pineapple, canned ones will do, but nothing beats biting into the sweet, juicy, and slightly tangy pineapple that bursts with freshness and flavors.
• 2 bowl of leftover and overnight rice
• 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
• 170g fresh pineapple (cut into small pieces)
• 200g shrimp/small prawn (shelled and deveined, leave whole or cut into small pieces)
• 3tbsp cashew nuts (optional)
• 1tsp shrimp paste
• 1tbp fish sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon pineapple juice
• 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce (for coloring)
• 4 fresh red chili (seeded and cut into small pieces)
• 2tbsp oil
• Cilantro leaves for garnishing (optional)
1. Heat up a wok and add cooking oil.
2. Stir-fry garlic, red chili, and shrimp paste until aromatic.
3. Add shrimp and stir-fry until half-cooked. Add rice, pineapple pieces, pineapple juice, and do a few quick stirs.
4. Add fish sauce and dark soy sauce to blend well with rice. Stir-fry for another minute or so, dish out and serve immediately.
If you have cashew nuts, add them towards the end of the cooking process.