16 May 2010
Double Chocolate Chips & Almonds Cookies
1. For chocolate flavour, substitute 1 tbsp cocoa powder for the same quanity of flour.
2. For a chunkier texture, use coarsely chopped chocolate instead of chocolate chips.
3. For mocha flavour, use coffee essence instead of vanilla essence.
4. For nutty flavour, add whole or chopped macadamia nut, walnut or hazelnut.
5. For fruity flavour, add chopped dried fruit, such as raisins, sultanas, etc.
Ingredients: (makes about 60 base on 1 tbsp)
• 250g butter
• 120g fine sugar (i use 80g)
• 100 g brown sugar (i use 60g)
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 320g all-purpose flour
• 80g corn flour or corn starch
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder – optional (i use 3 tbsp)
100g almond nibs (chopped almonds) (will increase to 150g next time)
250g chocolate chips (i use 300g)
1. Sift flour, corn starch and baking soda in a small bowl.
2. Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
3. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
5. Stir in cocoa powder, chocolate chips and almond nibs.
6. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture on to a baking sheet or parchment paper.
Leave plenty of space between the cookies to allow for spreading during baking.
Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of the fork/spoon if require.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degree C or 375 degree F.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let cool on wire racks before serving.