23 April 2012
Spicy Spiced Baked Wedges
This crusty and delicious, oven-baked potato wedges (are also call steak fries) are easy to make, and are a great alternative to French fries.
Baked wedges are not only a healthier alternative to the fast food classic, the aromatic spices adds lovely accompaniment. These wedges made an excellent side-dish or finger food on its own.
Recipe: Spicy Spiced Baked Wedges
Makes: 4-5 portions
• 1kg roasting potatoes
• 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ¾ tsp - 3tbsp cayenne pepper powder (adjust according to your preference)
• 5 tsp dried parsley
• 5 dried bay leaf (optional)
• 5 tsp garlic powder
• sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper (i use 1tsp each)
1. Scrub potatoes clean, dab dry with paper towel
2. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half, lengthwise, into 4-6 equally sized wedges, depending on the size of your potatoes.
3. Coat potato wedges with extra virgin olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. Toss meticulously to coat the potatoes evenly.
5. Line a sheet pan with foil. Place potato wedges, skin side down, one layer on the foil. Be sure to space evenly, so they cook uniformly.
6. Bake at preheated oven of 200°C for about 40 minutes, or until the potato skin is wrinkled. Serve immediately, sprinkled with more salt if desired.
Recipe inspired by: NoobCook
Some like it hot, well we like it insanely hot, so add the cayenne pepper powder accordingly to your spicy level.