Asparagus wrapped in bacon (Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus) is hassle free and with lots of way of cooking it. You can play around with the recipe by replacing the bacon with thin sliced of pork belly or replace the asparagus with golden mushroom.
Recipe: Bacon Wrapped with Asparagus
• 1 pkt asparagus (est 90g)
• 1 pkt bacon (est 250g)
Method by cooking:
1. Wash and trim asparagus to half.
2. Boil them in a pot of boiling water for 2mins with 1tsp of oil.
3. Drain them and place asparagus in groups of three if the asparagus spears are really thick, groups of 4 if they are thin.
4. Take a slice of bacon and wrap each bundle (slice the bacon into half if it's too long). (you can use a toothpick to secure the bacon wrap - but i don't cos its not necessary)
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
6. Hit up the pan with 1tsp of oil, meidum fire.
7. Put the bacon with the ending stripe facing down for about 1min, turn over and fried for another 45sec or till slightly brown and its ready to be serve.
Method by grilling:
* To grill, DO NOT BOIL the asparagus! place bundles on hot grill and cover. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until bacon is crisp and asparagus bundles are tender.
Method by oven:
* For oven preparation, DO NOT BOIL the asparagus! Preheat oven to 180C, place bundles on slotted broiler pan. Bake 12 minutes.