I have tried muffin with cream cheese as topping, I have also tried cream cheese cake, BUT this is the first time I am trying cream cheese filling muffin.
The muffin is best eaten when it’s freshly out from the oven when the cream cheese is oozing! If you can't finish them, store them in the fridge and heat up in a microwave for 2min before eating.
The buttery muffin goes very well with the cream cheese. If you are a fan of cream cheese like me, this recipe is for you! ツ
Recipe: Cream Cheese Muffin
Makes: 30 mini (i use case souffle 35mm H x 44mm W base)
• 270gm caster sugar (you can increase more if you prefer sweeter taste)
• 8 large eggs
• 675gm cake flour
• 3 tsp baking power
• ¾ tsp salt
• 225gm fresh milk
• 260gm melted butter
• some chocolate chips/nuts for sprinkling (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling
• 250 Cream Cheese (sofrened)
• 3 tbsp caster sugar
1. Sift flour, baking power and salt. Set aside.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy (can use hand too, until doubles in volume)
3. Add in fresh milk and melted butter into whisked eggs and lightly mix it.
4. Pour in sifted flour and mix well with spatula until combined. Don't over mix.
5. Mix the cream cheese filling with a wooden spatular till evenly mixed.
6. Spoon 1 scope of batter into paper cups, add 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture, another 2 scope of batter or cover the top till it reaches about 3/4 of the height of your muffin pan. (don't worry if it stick to the side of the pan if your paper is too small, its easily remove).
7. Sprinkle top with some chocolate chips if you are using.
8. Bake at 180C for about 20mins or till golden brown. (if you have fan mode in your oven, switch to it and bake the muffin in a water bath to keep the oven moisture high and the heat gentle)
9. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
• Place a shallow pan/ramekins of water in the rack below cheesecake to keep oven moist.
• Water provides a constant, steady heat source and ensures even, slow cooking for this recipes.
This is well liked by my colleagues and friends. Sinful breakfast but no regret.