This is a delicious dish if you like mushroom cream. Most of us love this dish except my husband find a little too sweet... Reduce the cream if you don't want it too creamy.
Recipe: Ragout of Mushrooms with Cream
Makes: 4-6 servings
• 60g of unsalted butter
• 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
• 120g Shiitake Mushrooms, cut 1/4-inch thick
• 120g Cremini Mushrooms, cut 1/4-inch thick
• 120g Enoki Mushrooms
• 120g Oyster Mushrooms, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
• 1/4 cup Vermouth / white Wine /
• 1/2 cup whipped cream
• 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
• salt to taste
1. In a saute pan, over a low to medium fire, heat butter, add shallots and saute till glazed.
2. Add shiitakes mushrooms and saute till golden.
3. Add the rest of the mushrooms and salt and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the vermouth - let the mushrooms absorb all the liquid, then add the cream and combine thoroughly.
5. Serve immediately while hot.
note: you can also
1. serve in small appetizer portions covered with pasta blanket or mix in with farafelle.
2. use any mix of wild mushrooms.