05 June 2011
Italian Cuisine - Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
An Italian Cuisine - Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Artichoke Hearts & Pine Nuts. This recipe is stir fried and not rich like cream or tomatoes base. If you prefer something different and light, you will like this.
Ingredients: (Makes 6 servings)
• 450g pasta (farafelle or lingguine)
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, soaked and drained
• 2 cans Artichoke Hearts, drained
• 1/4 cup pine nuts (pignolia)
• some chopped parsley
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon salt, add pasta and cook till al dente (3/4 cooked). Drain and set aside.
2. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for about 20 minutes, drain cut in half and set aside.
3. in a large saute pan, over a medium fire, heat oil then add garlic and saute till lightly golden.
4. Add the pine nuts, then the sun-dried tomatoes, saute for 2 minutes then add the artichoke hearts, cook further 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss in the cooked pasta, combine thoroughly and serve immediately.
Recipe contribute by Shela taken from Coriander Leaf