Today (19 May) a group of passionate food lovers, are organizing the Food Revolution in Singapore.
It will be an event to educate the masses about food; wholesome and healthy eating over processed packaged food. They want to educate people about the love of food, that cooking at home for yourself and your family is a wonderful thing to do. There will be cooking demo, nutritionist's talk and performances happening on the day!
100% of net funds raised through Food Revolution Day will go to food education projects in the UK, US and Australia.
Hope you can support the event and hope to see you there! So, here is a recipe to share with you in support of this event.
If you had tried the Easy Fluffy Scone from my blog, you will love this scone mix swiss-roll style, filled with deliciously comforting apples and spice. This make an idea elevenses.
Recipe: Fruity Spiced Swirls (Scone mix Swiss-Roll Style)
• 1 batch easy fluffy scones mix (click HERE for recipe, use all ingredient but omit the raisins/sultanas/glacé cherries)
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground nutmeg
• 3 tbsp demerara sugar (i use 2.5 tbsp)
• 4 tbsp soft butter
• 1 eating apple, peeled and finely chopped
• 85g raisins
• 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk, to glaze (omit egg if you don't want a 'rustic' appearance)
1. Beat ½ tsp of each spice and 2 tbsp (i use 1.5tbsp) demerara into the butter, then stir in the apple and raisins.
2. Mix the remaining spices in with the flour, then follow the easy fluffy scones recipe from step 1 to 6.
3. Preheat oven at 220C.
4. Turn the dough onto a floured surface, then roll to about 40 x 30cm. Spread with the fruity butter, then roll up from the long side, tucking the ends over neatly. Cut into 10 triangles. Brush with egg wash and scatter with 1 tbsp demerara sugar (i add with another 1 tsp cinnamon powder).
5. Flour the baking sheet, then bake for 14 mins until golden and risen. Serve warm, with more butter if you dare.
Here is the event schedule, see you in a bit!