Most shop are closed on the first day of Chinese New Year. We have bought some food to store up and I decided try out this bacon & egg toast cup.
If you want a simple and different breakfast, try this breakfast cups. Bake it for 8-9mins if you love runny yolk.
Recipe: Bacon & Egg Toast Cup
• 4 eggs
• 4 slices of precooked bacon
• Salt & Peper to taste
1. Preheat over to 200C. Lightly butter 4 standard muffin cups (or with cooking spray).
2. Cook bacon over medium heat on a frying pan for about 2-3min each side, until 50% cooked, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate (if using precooked bacon, skip this step).
3. Line muffin cups with bacon so that it circles each mold.
4. Break an egg into the centrer of each mold.
5. Bake for about 8min-15min until egg is cooked to your liking.
6. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
7. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. serve immediately.
Tips: Nonstick muffin cups are nice but not essential.
My husband loves baked beans and he is a hungry man, so I serve baked beans and ham as side dish. You can side it with anything you enjoy for breakfast too.