A friend of mine in Malaysia - Angie has bought me a baking book and deliver to my office for my birthday! How sweet and nice! My colleague Edward has picked a few items from the book and asked me to bake for them. One of the item was this Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Definitely one of my favorites. If you have madness about chocolate, this is the recipe for you. It has little crisp on the outside, yet will still melt in your mouth on the inside. The flavorful chocolate scented batter is totally heaven!
Recipe: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: est 90 cookies
• 200g soft butter (leave butter in room temp for about 1hr)
• 100g sugar (i use 80g)
• 100g brown sugar (i use 70g)
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 340g all purpose flour
• 6 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 300g chocolate chips (i use 320g dark chocolate chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, set aside.
3. Cream the butter with white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 egg at a time until completely incorporated and add in vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the sifted flour and carefully stir in. Fold in the chocolate chips and put in the fridge for about 30min.
5. Put teaspoonfuls of the mixture in heaps on the cookie sheet, leaving about 5cm between them. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12mins (I bake for 10min) (If you need to turn your tray, you can do it on 5min and if your cookie is too fat, flatten using a spoon and turn the tray over)
6. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then take off and cool on a cake rack.
You may like to use the original amount of sugar if you have a sweet tooth.
My husband loves it and he finish almost 3/4 of the cookie jug in a day! Store them in a air tight container. They are still tasty and yummy even after 2-weeks!
The texture is very different from my Chunky Chocolate Chips Cookies. This is filled with intense chocolate sense while the other has a very unique texture filled with chunky chocolate. I can't decide which is better. You be the judge and let your taste bud do the pick. *^_^*