Trust me, this Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin got to be one of the most fabulous chocolate muffins! It's moist, soft, chocolatey, and has a crumbly texture (probably from the superfine sugar). What's more, its easy to make!
They make the most perfect 3 o'clock sugar fix and wonderful for dunking. Absolutely enticing to satisfied any one craving for chocolate!
Recipe: Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Muffin
Makes: 12 Regular Muffins
• 250g all purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt (optional - it enhances flavor)
• 3 tbsp best quality cocoa powder
• 115gm superfine sugar (i use 100g)
• 60g fine brown sugar (i use 50g)
• 180g chocolate chips + 50g for sprinkling (you have half 50% chunks + 50 chips) (i use 240g Hershey's semi sweet choco chips + 50g Phoon Huat Coco Chips for sprinkling)
• 250ml milk (you can substituted with 50% milk + 50% sour cream for extra moistness)
• 90ml vegetable oil
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and add in sugar and 180g of the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into another bowl and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with slow and gentle strokes using a spatula. Stop folding once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not overmix, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the muffin moist and fluffy.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cases.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 50g chocolate chips on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
1) Use milk & egg at room temperature, it make a different in the density.
2) If you are not so much of a chocolate lover, reduce the cocoa power to 2tbsp instead of 3 and use 150g chocolate chips instead of 175g.
3) I filled the muffin casing with half batter, put 2 chunks of chocolate and cover the batter till ¾ full, place 5 Hershey's semi-sweet chips (bigger in size) on top and sprinkle some Phoon Huat's coco chips (smaller but not the smallest in size) for more oomph and voila!
4) Best serve the muffin warm for a oozing chocolate. Store in room temperature and heat up in microwave for 2mins before serving.
Recipe inspired by: Food Network
I brought 18 muffins to treat my colleagues and receive all-round rave comments from them! A night of sweat is worth it when it bring smile to their face. A satisfying farewell treat to them *^_^*