An all time favourite for festive season and tea-time treat. Buttery, crispy, and studded with crunchy flakes.
This is also one of my family favorite Chinese New Year goodies. My husband likes the buttery cookies that are crunchy outside but soft inside. It taste like danish butter cookies with fakes. The trick is not to overwork the dough or over-bake it.
Recipe: Cornflakes Cookies 玉米片曲奇
• 200g butter
• 180g caster sugar (i use 120g)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 2 egg yolks
• 250g self-raising flour, sifted
• 60g crushed cornflakes
• 180g-200g cornflakes, coarsely crushed (i uses cornflakes with almond slices too)
• 20g corn flour
1. Preheat oven at 180C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Beat in egg yolk and essence.
4. Fold in the flour until combined, add in 60g crushed cornflakes.
4. Roll the cookie dough, shape in your desire shape, and roll lightly into the coarsely crushed cornflakes. Place them about 3cm apart to allow room for spreading, on prepared trays.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes (swapping trays halfway through cooking)or until golden.
5. Cool on wire racks before storing in airtight containers.
Love em, whack em, and enjoy em!