21 January 2010

Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake

Chocolate are absolutely a luscious, luxurious, sinful & irresistible to me!! Being a super duper choclate lover, I am so ecstatic when I found this steam chocolate cake recipe that doesn't require baking.

Since I do not have an oven at home, there are very limited cake I can try without the usage of an oven.

I found this recipe at Peng's Kitchen 2days ago. And she got it from Honeysuckle Creations. I couldn't wait for weekends to try out this recipe, and decided to do it on Thursday night

The steam cake was easy to make, except the fudge didn't turn out hard enough. Probably my fire was not strong enough. But still, I am very please with it since it was my FIRST attempt. =p

I have cut down the sugar quite a bit as I don't have a sweet tooth even I am a big fan of chocolate. You can adjust the sugar level according to your intake.

STEAM CHOCOLATE CAKE
Ingredient
• 150g unsalted butter
• 170g fine sugar
• 200ml evaporated milk
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 125g plain flour
• 70g cocoa powder (I used Valrhona Brand)
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp vanilla essence

Method
1. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter has melted. Remove from heat

2. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and stir till well mixed

3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till smooth. (Batter should be runny)

4. Heat up the steamer. Lined and grease a 7" baking pan. Pour the batter into prepared pan and place into the steamer. Cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminum foil

5. Steam over medium heat for 45 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done. If not, steam for a further 5 minutes

6. Cool the cake in pan before turning out for frosting.


CHOCOLATE FUDGE
Ingredients
• 35g cocoa powder, sifted
• 50gm corn flour, sifted
• 1 cup evaporated milk
• 2 egg yolks
• 175ml water
• 120g sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 50g unsalted butter

Method
1. Mix all ingredients well (except the butter. stir over double boiler at low heat till thickened. (takes abt 10mins to thicken)

2. Add butter, turn off fire and stir till the butter melts

3. Spread the warm fudge over the cake to coat evenly

4. Chill the cake in the fridge before serving


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Celestial Delish ツ

Similar Post:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...