This cheesecake is made of three chocolate layers. Dark chocolate gives it an intense flavour that stays in contrast with subtle milk and white chocolate fillings. I used philadelphia cream cheese (if you can find quark cheese - fresh and soft curd cheese, will be better) and add 3 extra tablespoons of sour cream to the filling because the latter is thicker.
Recipe: Triple chocolate cheesecake
Makes: 23 cm (9 inches) spring cake pan
Ingredients for Crust:
• 150g chocolate cookies
• 50g (about 3 tablespoons) butter, softened
Ingredients for Filling:
• 1kg philadelphia cream cheese / quark cheese (20% fat content)
• 3tbsp sour cream (if u using philadelphia cream cheese)
• 150 g sugar
• 25 g (about 3 tablespoons) cornstarch
• 4 eggs
• 150 ml sour cream
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 100 g dark chocolate
• 100 g of milk chocolate
• 100 g white chocolate
• 4 tablespoons single cream (15% or more fat content)
Method for Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Crush cookies with butter in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
2. Press the crumbs onto the bottom of spring cake pan (previously lined with baking paper or aluminium foil, just to be sure that nothing leaks through) with the aid of the bottom of a cup.
3. Bake for 10 - 12 min.
Method for Filling:
1. Beat cheese with sugar and cornstarch until smooth. With the mixer still running add eggs one at a time, then sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix briefly, only to combine the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. In 3 medium bowls melt 3 types of chocolate with single cream added, starting with white, then milk and finally dark (to white and milk chocolate add 1 tablespoon of cream, to the dark one 2 tablespoons). This can be done in "bain marie" or in a microwave (I melt my chocolate at 360 W in 50 seconds, take it out and mix it energetically to melt completely).
3. Leave melted chocolate to cool a little. To each bowl with chocolate add gradually about 1/3 of cheese filling(it was about 500 g of added filling to each bowl ) and whisk througoutly until smooth. Initially it may seem that you finish with lumps of chocolate in filling, but they all disappear as you whisk.
4. Pour the white chocolate filling onto the cooled crust. Then, very carefully and evenly, spoon the milk chocolate filling and spread it gently to create a second layer. Next goes the dark chocolate filling and you get a third layer.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180ºC, lower the temperature to 160°C and continue to bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes , until it is set on the sides and a little shiny and moist in the center. Turn the oven off and leave the cake to cool inside with the door slightly open.
Recipe inspired by: atlantickitchen - triple-chocolate-cheesecake