Very interesting brownie especially if you are making for kids. They will enjoy with the pretty decoration with their own favourtie candy and chocolate.
Recipe: Brownie Pizza
Makes: 20 x 20cm square tray for brownie or 2 disposable shallow aluminum foiled trays
• 150g unsalted butter
• 100g caster sugar (I use 75g)
• 20g cocoa powder
• 150g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (I use Van Houten semisweet chocolate)
• 3 eggs (~60g each)
• 30g milk
• 150g cake flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 60g chopped walnuts (I omit this)
For decorating the brownie pizza (optional)
• melt chocolate (balance 50g of van houten semisweet chocolate)
m&m chocolate ($1.60 47.9g)
• chocolate chips
• mini marshmallows ($5.10 453g)
(u can use chopped nuts instead of chocolate chips too)
Method for Brownie:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Line and grease the baking tray.
2. Break the semisweet chocolate into small pieces and melt them in a small mixing bowl placed over a pot of simmering water.
3. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
4. Heat unsalted butter and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl placed over a pot of simmering water until the butter melt.
5. Remove from heat and while the mixture is still hot, add in cocoa powder and the melted chocolate. Whisk until well-mixed.
6. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Stir in 1/3 of the sifted flours and milk, mix well.
8. Finally, add in the rest of the flours and mix well.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared tray, sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top and bake for 20 minutes*, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not overbake.
Method for Brownie Pizza:
1. Divide the batter into pizza pans or disposable shallow aluminium-foiled trays and bake each for about 10 minutes (adjust the timing according to the size of your trays).
2. After the brownies have cooled down, sprinkle with candies of your own choice (i use M&M's, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows).
3. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
recipe from SSB - Brownie Pizza